[alfa] 164 wiper arm hitting..

Has anyone experienced the 164 wiper arms hitting the underside of the hood? I just noticed mine starting, and want to get it squared away before winter. First of all, what causes it? Does the center of the hood drop or flatten, or do the arms or wiper assembly acually rise up? I did notice that the alloy portion of the arm no longer has splines (if it it use to) to match up to the splined wiper motor shafts. I have tightened that down as far as I deem safe...where should I go from here? Thanks!

. ryan

92 164S