RE: [alfa] 164 wiper arm hitting..

Ryan -

While Jeff's suggestion is conceivable, it would not be my first inclination. If you remove the nut from the offending wiper there should be a (very)thin washer between it and the arm. I'll bet that yours is in pieces or non-existent. If this is the case, stick a new one on there - thickness is of relative unimportance (within reason). It has been my experience that without this washer, no matter how much you tighten the nut, the arm will not flex enough to be able to clear the hood. The splines have little to do with the vertical positioning of the wiper arm. Check for that washer and see if it doesn't cure your problem.

Ryan (I feel like I'm sending this to myself)
'84 GTV6
'91 164S x2
VA