[alfa] Fans and Alternators and Chains

>Doesn't the ignition system require the higher voltage/current that is
supplied by the alternator especially at higher loads and rpms???<

My race care with a Marelliplex runs all day long with a cheap battery and no alternator.  I just charge it after about every 3rd session.  As for the single row timing chains, I would think there would be a lot to consider.  For example, a full race engine is going to have very steep cam lobes and stronger valve springs.  That will load the chain more.  Although I could see trying it in a situation like my brother's Giulietta.  By SCCA rules, he must run a 1300 with limited carburetion.  2-3 horsepower is pretty important!

Erik