RE: [alfa] smaller alternator

Its nothing that a good battery cant handle. I used to wrench on a motorcycle endurance racer (Suzuki Katana based) which had no charging system. It would run a 6 hour race on a single battery with no problems. On my old Dodge Challenger street racer it would run a good while with the alternator switched out. I never checked to see just how long, but I ran it for an hour at least at times before I'd remember to turn the alternator back on, should have run quite a bit longer really. Your right though that any lack of electrical power related problems will turn up at higher rpm first.

Ed