Re: [alfa] LS heater core

In a message dated 11/8/2004 5:28:24 PM Central Standard Time,
cuadra@domain.elided writes:

Driving  around today everything seems fine.  Is my heater core about to go
south?  I'm not looking forward to replacing it 'cause it looks like a  bitch
to get to.

Paul,
Sure hope you topped of the expansion tank! In my opinion, your heater core
is already toast, but before you dig in, you might want to confirm the
diagnosis  by running the car up to temperature and then searching for other leaks in
the  system. If you see a lot of vapor issuing from behind the motor, chances
are  that your core is gone. I believe the steam/vapor is most evident when
the  expansion tank drops low enough to introduce some air into the core.

You are correct in surmising the job is not a fun one.

Good luck,
Bob A.
Paducah KY.
'95 LS