[alfa] Troubleshooting Advice on 70 GT Junior

Rod, the interior fuel filter will be on the right (passenger) side of the engine bay, fairly close to the firewall. You will see the two lines coming in and two (which appear to) be going out. One of each of those two sets of lines is the fuel return line from the Spica.

Again, I'd replace both immediately, just to (hopefully) eliminate plugged filters. Should there be a lot of rust in the fuel tank, the rear will plug up again immediately, so remove the fuel level sender (six screws or nuts) and take a peek inside. If you can see somewhat shiny gray at the bottom, you're jake. If you see rust brown at the bottom, it's removal, cleaning, and coating time. Then do the filters.

As previously mentioned, I've not worked on Juniors, but the MC you look under the car and is bolted on the left of the main support, it the clutch MC. The brake MC is just on the other side of of the support. If it is a two piston type MC (NLA) it will have five hard lines going into it.

I agree with Brian Shorey in trouble shooting the fuel first. If the gas tank is rusty, you really can't do a thing until it is fixed. Doesn't mean you can't look at the plugs and points and replace while you're waiting for the gas tank to be done and dry. Some tank sealers require it not to be used for a week or so.

I didn't mention it before, but I personally think the 1750 engine is a great upgrade, though it would have been even better if you also had the original 1300, even in boxes.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA