[alfa] Help! Pulling Spider head

Hey,

My '88 Spider Veloce has no compression on cylinder #3, so I've decided to pull the head. The workshop manual doesn't have clear instructions, or I'm overlooking it. I have taken off the entire fuel injection system, intake runners, exhaust manifold, and variable valve timing solenoid. The coolant has been drained.

1. Do I need to drain the engine oil?
2. How do I take off the timing chain? Will I need a special tool for this?

I assume that once the timing chain is off, I can take off the head bolts and lift the head. Am I missing anything?

John Hung
Auburn, AL
'88 Spider Veloce