Re: [alfa] working with aluminum

Timothy Spruill was overheard saying:

> Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:24:46 -0800 (PST)
> From: Timothy Spruill <captain_hyperion@domain.elided>
> Subject: [alfa] working with aluminum
>
> Alfisti,
>
> ....I have found lots of
> bolt/ screw holes stripped in the block and other
> places on the car.  ...I started to think that
> maybe I had a bad torque wrench and that was the
> problem...

You mentioned suspecting it, but did you _actually_check_ the calibration
on your torque wrench?  My brand new one was 10 ft lbs off.  Really
significant for 12 ft lb torque specs....  I began to suspect while
looking at the nice aluminum threads ripped out of their former home by
the steel screw I overtorqued.

Michael