Re: [alfa] Re: alfa-digest V10 #391 1750's with Webers

In a message dated 10/31/2004 5:13:29 AM Central Standard Time,
schweikg@domain.elided writes:

1750's  with Webers were imported into Canada and several made their way into
the  U.S. I have a friend who still has his 1750 round tail Spider with
Webers.  I think this may have been delivered through a small dealer in
Cincinnati.  Things were a lot easier in those days.

George and all,

A few years back, when I lived in Michigan, a friend and I went to look at  a
1967 roundtail Spider with a Weber'd 1750 engine, Tipo 105.57, which  had the
gauges in English. I didn't think such a thing was delivered from  the
factory until I searched for the serial number in my copy of Fusi  and saw the
listing for the 1750 Spider veloce. The list consensus at the time  was that it was
probably a Canadian car. So, 1750 Spiders were available in some  parts of
the world somewhat before they were "officially" marketed in the  US

Bob A.
Paducah KY