[alfa] 164 Torsion link bushing NVH - GONE!

All:
A while back I commented on the extra noise, vibration, and  harshness I
picked up when I replaced the upper motor mount (dog bone) big  end bushing with a
poly bushing from Centerline. (I think Centerline are fine  folks, by the
way.)

I received some comments confirming my observations, although most of the
respondents thought the extra NVH an acceptable compromise. One  optimist felt
the problem would go away as the bushing wore in. It  didn't.

Along came AlfaBill with a link to his web page showing a modified  design
Powerflex Poly bushing. Bingo! NVH are gone and all is well with the  world. It
was a much easier install, as well. I feel the Centerline bushing is  too
thick as well as being too solid, thus the extra installation pain.

If you are in the market for a 164 motor dog bone bushing, don't want the  OE
version, and don't want the extra NVH, I'd recommend Bill's bushing without
hesitation.

Regards,
Bob Abhalter
Paducah KY