[alfa] welcome to Seattle...

My Dear Tessie, I rarely send (along) a complete post, but just couldn't find a way to edit yours.

First let me say, I feel used, used I tell you. Do believe, young lady, my missive was a good excuse for you to tout your Great Northwets Upcoming Event in JulyO5.

Will admit, if Ma Nature keeps doing this wet stuff down here, might have to move up yonder just to get out of the rain. Bitch. Doesn't she know So. Cal. is supposed to be a desert with piped in water - not that overhead stuff? Didn't she see "Chinatown"?

I Do currently get my Digest posts in a singular fashion - as opposed to the bound version. And that is why I was astounded by the "coincidence" of a great "Welcome to SF" for Jonathan Thames, then only ten minutes later, "Sorry to see you leave, but bring your friends from SF along with you in JulyO5."

Yeah, really impressed with (in essence) "Hey, even you Biba, would be welcome to come up in JulyO5." (I feel oh so warm and fuzzy all over).

Why do I have the feeling your concours won't be judged to Pebble Beach Concours standards? My, my. And is a Potlach anything like a Potluck? I'm thinking not.

Biba
In soggy
Irwindale, CA USA

******

Tessie McMillan wrote:

Biba, it's also possible to set your [ALFA] delivery to individual messages, rather than digest. That's one way for Gordy's quick response. (Don't you hate it when they show how the movie guys did something? The Italian Job was like that.)

But aside from that, please don't feel alone! You will be welcome in Seattle too!

In addition to all the normal activities one would expect at a national convention, we'll also be holding a Moonlight Madness Concours -- a la Gary Patitz, emphasis on the "Madness" (um, for the Concours, not to describe Gary Patitz). This is where everyone and or anyone can walk away the winner, because the only SURE thing between you and winning a "trophy" will be knowledge of our judges' particular bribing preferences and/or a fanatical attention to the "theme" of the event (which has yet to be decided). In the runup to preplanning (ha, that sounded pretty funny) for this event, Gary told us of a story where one contestant stuck a fully decorated X-mas tree through the sunroof of his Milano to celebrate a "Xmas in July" theme. Now that's the kind of enthusiasm we will want to see. &:-) (But probably a different theme.)
I'll hold off advertising that little bit of interest when Gordy advertises the Potlatch as a whole. But... as an aside... folks should feel free to contact me off-list about this. We want this to be a CHEAP SOCIAL event that everyone will want to participate in. Biba, you could enter a "time capsule" Alfa... how about it?

Tess
in Bellevue, WA USA

Whilst I could be a cynic and suspect either collusion, or worse - rampant competition between the inevitable choice of rain or fog - damn you guys up there in the wetlands do know how to make someone with a weird car from a country called Italy feel welcome.

Bravo.

Biba
With, without a doubt, the only Alfas in this berg
Irwindale, CA USA