[alfa] welcome to Seattle...

Biba, it's also possible to set your [ALFA] delivery to individual
messages, rather than digest. That's one way for Gordy's quick
response. (Don't you hate it when they show how the movie guys did
something? The Italian Job was like that.)

But aside from that, please don't feel alone! You will be welcome in
Seattle too!

In addition to all the normal activities one would expect at a national
convention, we'll also be holding a Moonlight Madness Concours -- a la
Gary Patitz, emphasis on the "Madness" (um, for the Concours, not to
describe Gary Patitz). This is where everyone and or anyone can walk away
the winner, because the only SURE thing between you and winning a "trophy"
will be knowledge of our judges' particular bribing preferences and/or a
fanatical attention to the "theme" of the event (which has yet to be
decided). In the runup to preplanning (ha, that sounded pretty funny) for
this event, Gary told us of a story where one contestant stuck a fully
decorated X-mas tree through the sunroof of his Milano to celebrate a
"Xmas in July" theme. Now that's the kind of enthusiasm we will want to
see. &:-) (But probably a different theme.)

I'll hold off advertising that little bit of interest when Gordy
advertises the Potlatch as a whole. But... as an aside... folks should
feel free to contact me off-list about this. We want this to be a CHEAP
SOCIAL event that everyone will want to participate in. Biba, you could
enter a "time capsule" Alfa... how about it?

Tess
in Bellevue, WA USA