[alfa] Re: Alfa 3.0L V6 Engines

At 6:00 PM +0000 10/27/04, alfa-digest wrote:
I am quite interested in learning what others have managed with this
engine. Has anyone seen a twin turbo Alfa V6? Would such an engine
require extensive transmission upgrades? Is there a book out there
that can answer my questions so I don't have to annoy you all here?
The twin-turbo thing has certainly been done. Most famously and CA-emissions-legally by Reeves Callaway in the '80s. More recently by Banks in England (albeit in a non-Alfa application). Beninca in Australia may have done a twin-turbo V6 as well, but they're known for their Alfa 4-cyl. turbos (as is Jim Steck here in the USA). I know it's been done by others too, whose names I don't necessarily know. I'm sure there are more than a few crazy Alfa tuners in Germany or the low countries who have slapped a pair of turbos on a V6.

Joe