[alfa] Collision - car valuation

There was a discussion recently on determining the value of a car for
insurance purposes. I did not pay much attention to it but now I wish that I
had. My 73 GTV was nailed this afternoon when I hit a flat bed truck that
turned left without signaling. The driver of the truck was ticketed for
failing to yield right of way. The front right corner of my car took a
pretty good hit. The nose, grill, right fender, A pillar, windshield and
passenger door are crunched and the end of the dash is broken. I only have
liability insurance so I will have to go after his insurance - All State.
Would someone please give me a quick synopsis of determining the value of
the car since there is a good chance that it will be totaled.

Thanks,
Ed Prytherch, feeling decidedly sick in Columbia SC