[alfa] SOMA Automotive changes hands (SF CA)

I ran into Pino Di Blasi this morning and received the sad news that he sold SOMA Automotive to new owners last week. SOMA has been a fixture in San Francisco's South-of-Market neighborhood for years.  Like the rest of the City, rents have been going through the roof in SOMA, and I think this contributed to Pino's decision to call it quits and return to Italy.

Pino is quite a character.  Born in Naples in the early 50s, his family settled in Cologne as guest workers during West Germany's post-war economic boom.  Fluent in German, he received a technical degree in automotive repair, and started working on Opels & BMWs.  In the early 1980s he moved to NYC and then made his way to the Left Coast.

Pino did some excellent work on my 164, correcting the mishaps of other less qualified mechanics.  He was able to pinpoint & correct an oil leak that left the guys at Cammisa stumped, and repaired a transmission the maladroits at the now-defunct Britalia damaged.

Arrivederci, Pino!

I try to do as much work on my Alfas as possible, but there comes a time when I just don't have the wherewithal & necessary tools to get the job done.  Any recommendations for qualified Bay Area AR mechanics?

Paul

95 LS 5-speed
83 GTV6
03 Aprilia Falco