[alfa] Oil gauges reading low

I've "restored" a couple of cars whose oil pressure read zero by restoring
the sender's ground connection.

You physically connect using a single spade connection; the other side of
the connection is through the threads by which the sender connects to the
block.  That connection can corrode, lowering your indicated oil pressure
while the actual oil pressure remains OK.

Before you replace the sender, knowing that current replacement senders have
far from 100% reliability, try unscrewing your sender a turn or two, then
screwing it back in.  Reconnect and try it.  Might work, can't hurt.

YMWV,
Joe Cantrell
Portland, Oregon, where on Friday's Track Day, for lunchtime entertainment,
we had Mt. St. Helens erupt.  So kewl, dude.