Re: [alfa] 164 heater core replacement

In a message dated 10/2/2004 3:59:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
robert_lesher@domain.elided writes:

Hi all,  I've reached the end of my rope.  Can anyone help with tech.
advice on  heater core replacement- dashboard removal? on a 95  164ls

Robert,
First, it's not necessary to remove the dashboard to replace the heater
core. Access is gained from the other side of the firewall. You will have to
discharge the air conditioner and remove that assembly, then the blower motor.
Removing them will require that you remove the false firewall first. After all
that gear is removed, the core just slides out. You can read a couple of more
detailed accounts in the tech discussion pages on the invaluable 164 website,
 which can be accessed from the diget.net web pages.
_/alfa/FAQ/164/bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi_
(/alfa/FAQ/164/bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi)

If this was two different topics, I can't help on the dashboard part.

Regards,
Bob Abhalter
Paducah KY
'95 LS