RE: [alfa] AROC convention question

> If I recall correctly, AROC's 2001 convention was held in late June,
> and at least one subsequent one was in early July, but this year's
> was in late July and next year's is scheduled for a similar date.
> Can anyone comment on the reasons behind these scheduling decisions?

Sure.

Two in a row were held over July 4th weekend.  The thought was that it hurt
attendance.  In fact, the BOD passed some sort of rule prohibiting future
conventions from being held on that weekend.

We chose the mid July date for ours because we wanted to maximize the
potential for families to include their children.  With June dates, or late
August dates, one section or another of the country is likely to have their
schools in session.  Mid summer dates are when you have the greatest chance
of school not being in session.

HTH,

bs