RE: [alfa] Considering a 1986 GTV-6 with "issues"...how much $$ to set right?

<snip>
> 3- Paint...the car had been repainted, ostensibly
> recently and supposedly the same color (AR536--or was
> that AR537?--Rosso Veneziano, according to the plaque
> on the underside of the hatch) but the paint job
> seemed Not Quite Tidy, with one visible drip and a bit
> of overspray in the engine bay. How salvageable is
> this paint job? It seemed otherwise smooth and glossy
> with no cracks, peels, crazing, etc.
>
> Also, there were bubbles of rust--being in the Miami
> area I have ZERO experience with rust--along the
> bottom right side of the windshield, maybe 1.25" x
> 0.5", none of which had broken the surface. How likely
> is it the rust is confined to this area? What can I
> expect the repairs for the rust + paint to run?
<snip>

The above would cause me to run, not walk, away from this car.  A recent
(shoddy) paint job, with rust bubbles?

Aside from the rust bubbling up under the recent paint under the windshield,
did you check the wheel wells, spare tire well, rockers under the cladding,
etc etc?

To me, this seems like somebody cleaned it up and gave it a quick spray,
just for the purpose of selling it and getting top dollar.  There's no
telling what's underneath, assume thousands of dollars of rust repair and a
new paint job.

bs