[alfa] dead trans

I have a 164 in the drive waiting to have a transplant from a good donor car.

Very typical death. Often happens after a cooler hose failure. Rebuild or exchange. It's a pig to remove.

I have retrofitted both A/T 164s we drive with generic aftermarket coolers and they perform happily. I am convinced that the 164 trans dies early due to being too hot. Wife's daily driver, which gets no particular love is happy on trans #1 at 130K.

YMMV

AlfaBill
http://alfabill.com
Tampa FL USA