[alfa] Technomagnesio musings

As John H. somewhat commented on in his above titled musings, but didn't answer, my off-digest question to him was what he thought of the (aesthetics of) specifically TZ wheels on a Round-Tail? I admitted in my email to him I felt they looked rather aggressive for the car, but... and I did not include the following but feel it is fairly safe to say John would agree with me - they aren't remotely as aggressive and inappropriate as the Panasports on these cars. Not a clue what John looks like, let alone if he even smokes...but can nevertheless visualize him flicking a long ash off a large cigar, putting cigar in mouth, taking a deep puff, removing, blowing a large puff in my face, then saying, "But why would you even bring up Panasports in the same conservation?"

Given the availability of a 15" x5" or 5.5" wheel I would opt for the GTA design. Still, I feel the TZ design is more unique and has considerably more character.

So now that I've insulted all of you with Panasports...any opinions?

Did like John's input as to the myriad / incestuous (not that Italy has a corner on that market) regarding aftermarket Italian wheels.

For those who also lust for the TZ wheels, Chris at Highwood just emailed me with the following info: Weight per TZ wheel: 8.3 kilos (18+ pounds - ummm): offset is 41 mm.

There is also a site in the UK which sells magnesium racing wheels. The TZ in either 5" or 5.5" width is 295 pounds per (cost wise).

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA