[alfa] Re: timing Chain Question

While we are on chains..in looking through Pat Braden's new book he mentions
increasing horse power by going to the electric fan.. but also adding horse
power by going to a single timing chain instead of a double. I just wanted to
know if anyone has tried this and how they feel about the possibilities of power
increase and vulnerability.
I did know a guy years ago before I got into Alfas that said that his Duetto
broke a timing chain and ruined the engine.  They look very durable, but a
single chain seems
very risky.
Any thoughts?
Stan