[alfa] Re: chains, belts and fwd

have to second Tim's comments..
my tspark 164's have over 260 miles between them and the most that's been done in this regard is tensioning the chain on the younger one at 100k. the older one had the guts driven out of it daily, the needle hopping off the redline at every opportunity , and at 150k it was still taking on audi tt's at the lights. by comparison the v6's feel so fragile i'm begining to wonder if i can live with them. i think belts are probably quieter, but that's it.

as regards FWD, i saw a mini gobble up 911's on the corners at the The Pheonix Park in Dublin this summer, and didn't the European Touring Cars end up handycapping the front drive alfa's and honda's cos the kept winning? for me the realisation came when my dad got a peugeot 405..

mick