[alfa] Richard's 2" of water in footwell

Richard,

Do you have a sunroof?  This is what happened to my daughter's '93 164L
when her right front sunroof drain plugged up, her car was oriented just
wrong, and it rained buckets.  I replaced the seal (possibly not
necessary, as the seal _looked_ vaguely OK but for being too stiff with
some kind of wax or polishing compound) and found a drain plugged with
find silty material.  A week or so later, in another big storm, her
headliner filled with water and dumped it into the back seat, ruining
some textbooks and notes (bummer).  Later I found the wife's car with
water in the headliner (not nearly so much but it was dripping into the
rear seat, too).  I routed out her drains, too.  It turns out that line
trimmer material (thick stuff, 2-2.5 mm) seems perfect for this.  Pointy
enough to go around corners/bumps but not sharp enough to puncture
things.

Sorry if this is off-base (as in, maybe your car has no sunroof, but I
saw no replies to your query and have read that 164's and Milano's share
the same sunroof seal).

Michael