[alfa] Zat Tensioner Vs Hydraulic in non-hydraulacmode Vs...

If the Googlemobile came out with the rubber timing belt in the 50's...or ever, I'd be surprised. Not the name I was looking for.

Tomatoes, twomatowes. Both the current president along with Gwynne Spencer's comments regarding single roller chains Vs double is neither here nor there. The Real question is rubber Vs metal.

Not an engineer, but logic says a double roller / timing chain will last infinitely longer than a single one, and can only conclude those companies who have (perhaps reluctantly?) said, "If we can't solve the piece-of-shit rubber timing belt equation so's we can still make a Lot of money off's our customer since they seem to be a bit dissatisfied with this arrangement. We'll jes go back to the old tried and trued, buts thin it down by half so if they's don't come crawling back in a few months, they's certainly will within a few years oncet their warranties has eXpired".

I personally will have a double, hold the small degree of HP...not to mention the rubber sauce.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA