[alfa] Alfas as Investments -- Here We Go Again

Those of you who read the Weekend section of today's Wall Street Journal
saws the reference to the 1965 Giulia Sprint GT listed as a "buy" automotive
investment opportunity. Here we go again.

I like the idea (myth? dream?) that my Alfas are growing in value in the
marketplace, but I remember the '80's when collectible cars' values went
through the roof. The prewar cars that the WSJ now does not consider a good
investment have lost a lot of their cache because they are not affordable.

I admit my bias. I love my Alfas because I love to drive them. In fact, I
prefer to use them as daily drivers. I sincerely hope that this article is
not a harbinger of speculative Alfa buying.

Dan Nicholes
'67 Duetto
'91 164L