[alfa] alfa values

When my 74 GTV was hit by an SUV a couple of years ago (~$6K in damage) I
told
my insurance company I wanted it fixed and had documentation on what I had
spent on it and what other cars were worth.  The other driver was with the
same insurance company so I don't know how that affected their behavior.  I
had my receipts from 14 years of owning the car.  I had some ads from
Hemmings, some from the Alfa Owner, some from Overheard Cams, info from the
price guide of the Sports Car Market Letter and the cars of particular
interest website.  I tried to pull ads for cars that I thought were of
comparable condition.  I was ready to go to the mat to get my car fixed since
the damage was all cosmetic.  The company sent an adjuster to look at it and
they agreed to fix it without seeing all my data, but in the discussions with
them I made it clear that I thought my car was worth $10-$15K and that I
thought I had documentation to prove it and that I was not going to take no
for an answer.  So in the end it took being prepared and clear on what I
wanted and was willing to do to get it.

Eric