[alfa] Insurance

Not sure this will work for you.

After a few months of calling and meeting the claims settlers, they usually
want to total the car for a few thousand bucks.

Addressing the car only, I propose something like, "we can't agree on value,
so just replace the car with a similar condition car. I'll accept that. I'll
keep the rental car you are paying for until you can deliver the
replacement."

Them I helpfully give them copies of Owner ads and do an itemized listing of
the differences between cars to increase or decrease the value in comparison
to my totaled car.

Somehow GTV-6's in equal condition are all advertised for $6000 - $10,000.

Mike Nakamura
Fall City WA
84 GTV-6, 91 Spider Veloce, 94 164 LS, 02 Dakota