[alfa] Re: Mileage of Milano or 164

I drove a GTV6 followed by Milanos all year from the mid 80s through
1998. With proper snow tires (Nokian Hakkapeliitta 1's or similar)on all
four wheels, they worked great in the snow, especially when fitted with
limited slip. The main problem is that the bodies rot out if driven in
the salt. Mileage on both models was in the mid twenties.

Ed Solstad
Minneapolis, MN
'88 Milano Verde (not driven in the winter)
'85 GTV6
'72 Spider
'64 2600 Sprint
'63 Giulia Spider (normale)
'61 Giulietta Sprint Speciale
'63 Dauphine w/ Dauphine Alfa Romeo badges
'99 Subaru 2.5RS (an Alfa cousin (?) used as my winter driver)

>Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 18:26:20 -0700 (PDT)
>From: David Griszkauskas <alfagriz1@domain.elided>
>Subject: [alfa] Mileage of Milano or 164

>I've been debating on selling my '99 cherokee and picking up another
Alfa for a daily driver >here in CT. I was wondering how both these cars
handle in the snow and what real world >mileage would be.