[alfa] Re:windshield gasket

I replaced the windshield in my '86 Spider last spring, using a gasket I bought from IAP. The glass installer said the new gasket was a little softer in texture than he liked, and recommended bedding the gasket and the glass itself in black silicone sealant, at no extra charge. He kept the car overnight until the sealant had set up, then cut away the visible excess. No leaks at all since April.