Re: [alfa] More uses for Easy Off (limited Alfa content)

At 8/31/2004 03:28 PM, you wrote:
> try EZ Off
>Oven Cleaner
Works for removing baked on engine oil and varnish too. Also, if you're a
wood worker, stuff is awesome for removing the resiny goo that loads up on
saw blades and router bits....
>DO NOT spray anything
>aluminum.  It will turn Aluminum black really fast.
It _will_ discolor aluminum....
I'm not 100% sure, maybe one of our chemists can chime in, but I think the
stuff is mostly sodium hydroxide? (I could be _wrong_ about that!)

EZ Off is nasty, nasty stuff. If you decide to use it, follow all the pre-cautions on the can. Wear eye protection and gloves, at a minimum. Have a hose, or bucket of water, handy incase it gets on you.