[alfa] Re: No Alfas on road in US

Brian Shorey writes:

"I'm in the town of Gallup, NM, driving my '73 GTV from San Jose to Boston.
So far, I haven't spotted any Alfas, but mine gets plenty of compliments. A
surprising number of people actually know what it is.

"117 deg in Death Valley, it got a little high on the temp gauge but never
missed a beat!"

*************

Seven years ago I drove from Maryland to Los Angeles, coast to coast, with my
new Alfa purchase and didn't see another Alfa Romeo the whole six day trip.

Only saw two Italian cars, a De Tomaso Deauville in Oklahoma City and a Fiat
X19 somewhere in New Mexico. Other foreign exotics were also in short supply;
I only spotted a Porsche 914 somewhere in Tennessee. No Miatas, Jaguars or
Mercedes, which are commonplace around these parts.

BTW, a three-row cored radiator will keep that temperature needle pointing
straight up even at racing speeds in 100F/38C temperatures, or if you plan on
returning to Death Valley in the summer.

Enjoy your trip, Brian. I'm jealous... and may the "Spica Spirits" smile upon
you.

John Thompson
Sylmar, California
1974 GTV