[alfa] California regulations

In a message dated 8/30/2004 9:29:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:45:27 -0700
From: alfacybersite <acs@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] California regulations

Solvents: I don't have time to dick around with stuff which "sort of"
degreases parts and the car itself. I clean parts with either Home
Depot's Paint Thinner or most likely, lacquer thinner. I use Castrol's
Super Clean which I buy by the gallon from Kragen's or Pep Boys.

Biba
Irwindale (at least for the moment), CA USA
---------------------

    I just hit send before drafting a response.  Sorry about that.

Biba, assuming your state is not too Californicated to allow it, try EZ Off
Oven Cleaner.  Scuff the paint a bit, and coat the car with it.  Tow it to the
local car wash, if you have such things out there and wash the grease, wax and
top coat of paint down the drain.
    The hotter the weather, the better the stuff works.  Just do not spray it
up wind and wash off any that gets on your skin.  And DO NOT spray anything
aluminum.  It will turn Aluminum black really fast.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City