[alfa] Parts Cleaner - California

Welcome the Republic of kalifornia Jay.  I doubt the (smog nazi eco freaks)
will pull simple green because it is actually environmentally friendly.  It is
biodegradable, and one of the most eco-friendly cleaners out there - so I've
heard.  As good as simple green is for the environment makes it a little weak
for parts cleaning.
I personally use carb cleaner, which I believe is on the kalifonia endangered
cleaners list.  Heck you have to show ID to even get the stuff around here
anymore (supposedly some fools were sniffing it like paint to get high).
I'm not sure carb cleaner is great for the environment, but it has a very hot
solvent in it which will remove grease and grime, and pretty much whatever
else is on your parts.
For question #2 - I believe Gunk is still available, but I haven't
specifically looked for that product in over a year, so it may be gone now.
Ok - now before I come off as an eco-hater - I am a Landscape Architect and a
Surfer.  My business is making the earth green, and my passion deals with
nature in a very intimate way.  I do believe we need to live cleaner and save the
earth, I just believe some of the fools over here in Kalifornia take things
overboard most of the time.

Steve Hartman
Balboa Island, CA
1972 Alfa GTV - Poor, neglected Street car project
1989 Ford Ranger - Project off-road race truck
1991 Ford Exploder - daily driver and mobile tent for mexico races

In a message dated 8/30/2004 10:22:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,