RE: [alfa] The gauge that cried wolf

> So my oil pressure sender has finally bit the big one (either that, or
> I have a very serious problem). This got me looking into getting a new
> set of auxiliary gauges and I was wondering: Is it possible to retrofit
> VDO or some other good brand into the Jaeger faces? I don't need the
> numbers to match perfectly, as long as I can know the accepted values.

I've got VDO gauges in my Spider.  They have black bezels, instead of the
chromed bezels on the stock gauges.  Other than that, and the color of the
indicators and such, they fit in the housings just fine.

By the way, I'm talking about using the entire gauge, not fitting VDO stuff
into the Jaeger faces.  Why bother?  The VDO gauges look fine.

While you're in there, if you want accuracy then convert the oil pressure
gauge to a mechanical one.

> On an unrelated note, what does it say about my vehicle when a gauge
> pegs and I immediately blame the gauge, rather than the problem about
> which it is screaming?

It says you're still a little green around Alfas - you should immediately
blame the *sender*, not the gauge..

;)

bs