From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Benjamin Kaupp
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 1:58 PM
To: Alfa Digest
Subject: [alfa] The gauge that cried wolf

Hey Alfistimostis!

So my oil pressure sender has finally bit the big one (either that, or
I have a very serious problem). This got me looking into getting a new
set of auxiliary gauges and I was wondering: Is it possible to retrofit
VDO or some other good brand into the Jaeger faces? I don't need the
numbers to match perfectly, as long as I can know the accepted values.

Otherwise, I'm gonna have to build my combined gauge cluster/equalizer
in the glovebox. And you KNOW how I hate purchasing frivolous audio
equipment.

On an unrelated note, what does it say about my vehicle when a gauge
pegs and I immediately blame the gauge, rather than the problem about
which it is screaming?

TIA
Ben Kaupp, Santa Cruz
'78 Spider (running 115psi of pressure, even at idle!)