[alfa] Distributor hold down clamp

Hey Y'all,
I bought a new distributor for the 86 Spider, it has been down since June or
so.  You may recall the no-start saga.  Anyway the new distributor does not
have the hold down clamp mounted on it.  The clamp on the old distributor is
secured to the distributor with a smooth oval headed bolt with no hex, no
slot, obviously meant to be tamper resistant.  The nut for this bolt is
secured by a recessed groove so the nut cannot be loosened or removed.

I can cut a slot in the head with a hacksaw or a dremel tool but how much
accuracy is required to reinstall.  Is there an alignment mark, I didn't find
one.  If this bracket is not correctly positioned timing will be incorrect?
Right?

Please reply directly as I get the digest in bulk and if I get it together
soon I will be able to take it for some smiles.

Thanks,
Wayne Abbott
86 Spider