[alfa] RE: pretty rust proofing

>Well, just to drive the cost up, I like to powder coat things. Really
>looks nice.
>POR 15 is also very useful/good.
>Krylon/Rustoleum may be the ticket for your project though, based on
>your comments above.
>It'll look good for a while....
>jeff clark

When restoring better half's car I used Dupont Imaron Black on the front end
and rear housing and control arms. Cost was about equal to powder coating,
was able to cover more parts, just as durable and the big advantage, chip
touch up is easy to match and bonds to the Imaron as solid as original. Cost
is about $45 quart and about the same for activator. Also, have it mixed
with 721 flattener for the satin look. Been very happy with results.
Kurt Incledon