Re: [alfa] Oil pressure

Wander:

The Alfa senders are crazy; but I have seen this in 2 164 L (12 valves) and 1 164 LS (24 valve).

In English we have two sayings:
" They all do that". and 'YMMV' (From the US Goverment legally required statements "Your Mileage May Vary") which in this case means -- This is my experience, hope it is relevant to yours and helps.

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX

Wander - Hotmail wrote:

Hi people!
I live in Brasil and I`m a alfist, like you.
I have a question and I`d appreciate very much if you could help me.
I own a 164 3.0 12 Valvoles. Since I changed the oil(Elf mineral 20W50)
and the filter, the pressure when the engine is cold reach 5,0 bar(with
800rpm).
When the engine is warm, the pressure falls until 0,8 bar(at the same 800
rpm).
When the rotations increase it gets 3,0 bar(with 3000 rpm approximately).
Before the oil changing I remember the pressure was about 2,0 bar with
hot engine. I simply don`t remember the pressure with cold engine.
Is there something to worry about?
Thanks in advance,

Wander