Re:Re: [alfa] GTV-6 Coolant fill

On the subject, I've always put in one of those 'easy coolant flush'
adapters inline on the heater hose  - attach the garden hose, open
the radiator cap and the bottom drain widget, and taa - daa!
It sorta forces water everywhere it needs to be. You can also open
the bleeder on the water pump, just to see more water splashing all
over the place...
By placing the device close to the throttle body ( this is, after all
on a Spider in my case ), it now becomes the 'highest spot' in the
water coolant delivery chain, and is, therefore, the place to do all
the 'burping' necessary in this sort of job.

Disclaimer follows:

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is
confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons
with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious
beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email is not authorized (either
explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux
pas.

Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context
somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or
no grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the
transmission of this email, although the Kelpie next door is living
on borrowed time, let me tell you. Those of you with an overwhelming
fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no
hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just
ignore that Alert Notice from Microsoft.

However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and
your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets.
If you have received this email in error, please add some nutmeg and
egg whites, whisk and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.

Standardized Disclaimer:

I wish to point out that the many opinions and alleged facts
expressed are those of the author, and are subject to change without
notice for any reason, including capriciousness,  compulsive whim,
and/or in the case of the acquisition of additional bits of  wisdom
that may make previous opinions seem erroneous, or rather silly, like
so much blather.

There you have it.

  use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed[1] and others
  authorized to receive it[2]. It may[3] contain confidential or legally
  privileged[4] information. If you are not the intended recipient[5] you are
  hereby notified that any disclosure[6], copying[7], distribution[8] or
  taking any action in reliance on the contents[9] of this information is
  strictly prohibited and may be unlawful[10]. If you have received this
  communication in error[11], please notify us immediately by responding to
  this email[12] and then delete it from your system[13]. OpenCola is neither
  liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information
contained
  in this communication[14] nor for any delay in its receipt.[15]

  --

  [1] Unless it's something funny that I found on a blog and I'm just
  forwarding it

  [2] I.e. Just about anyone

  [3] Or not

  [4] IANAL. But I *am* an ordained Minister of the Universal Life Church. So
  while you don't get no attorney privilege with me, you may be able to claim
  some kind of confessor confidentiality. Step into the box and tell me your
  sins!

  [5] I.e., Just about anyone

  [6] Except to your SMTP host

  [7] Except to your hard-drive as part of your mail-spool

  [8] Except from your SMTP host to your mail-spool

  [9] I.e., Helping Nigerian generals launder their fortunes, sending
  postcards to possibly fictitious dying British children, or forwarding
bogus
  but terribly urgent virus warnings

  [10] Hey, everything's illegal somewhere!

  [11] In other words, if *I* made a mistake, I plan on somehow coercing
*you*
  into doing something about it

  [12] Send all such notice to our special "oops" account: diaper-fetish-
  subscribe@domain.elided

  [13] Also, please write random bits to every sector on your drive seven
  times, dissolve your RAM with sulfuric acid, cut your eyes out and get a
  prefrontal lobotomy

  [14] Our server has been having problems with overlong .sigs lately

  [15] There is no fifteenth footnote

[ for the Welsh:]

Mae'r e-bost hwn yn hollol gyfrinachol ac mae ar gyfer defnydd y
derbynnydd/derbynwyr yn unig. Ni ellir derbyn yr e-bost hwn fel
archeb am nwyddau na gwasanaethau. Rhaid defnyddio ffurflen archebu
swyddogol ar gyfer hynny. Safbwynt yr awdur yw cynnwys y neges hon;
nid yw unrhyw ddaliadau a fynegir yma o reidrwydd yn cynrychioli rhai
Urdd y Myfyrwyr Aberystwyth nac unrhyw gorff cysylltiedig. Os and y
chi yw'r derbynnydd bwriadedig, yna mae'n bwysig eich bod yn
sylweddoli bod unrhyw ddatgelu, copoo, dosbarthu neu ddefnyddio'r
e-bost neu unrhyw atodiad yn gwbl waharddedig. Os yr ydych wedi
derbyn yr e-bost hwn mewn camgymeriad, yna plns rhowch wybod ar
unwaith i'r awdur. Mae'r troednodyn hwn hefyd yn cadarnhau fod y
neges e-bost hon wedi cael ei harchwilio am firysau cyfrifiadurol gan
wrthfeirws Sophos.

[ feeling silly today, and trying to do anything to forestall
crawling under the Spider to replace fuel pumps/filters/hose ad such.
]
--
jeff clark
82 Spider Veloce