Re: [alfa] GTV-6 Coolant fill

Mike,
	I had the same results when bleeding my Spider a few years back.  I
discovered that you need to have the car on a level surface so that your
thermostat is top-most.  My old driveway had quite a slope to it and only a
small section was level; it was easier to work on the car on the sloped
section.  Once on the level section, an extra bit of air was burped out and
all was well afterwards.

	Bruce

	'73 GTV
	'86 Spider

1984 GTV-6 with stock 2.5 engine. All coolant system hoses appear unaltered
(size, location and routing).

I filled overflow tank, opened heater valve, opened bleed bolt on thermostat
housing until fluid escaped. Started car, filling overflow tank as needed
and occasionally open bleed bolt. Heater got hot, all hoses and radiator got
hot. Fans finally came on. Shut off let cool.

When I drove, it was fine, yet about 2 minutes after shut off fluid boiled
out of overflow tank. Obviously I did not get air out of system.

What is the proper procedure for bleeding the coolant system?