[alfa] re: glass shops (not specifically Bay Area)

Thomas,

The way I found a good glass shop was to call my mechanic, because he uses
one for restorations. If the car is a Golf, you might want try the
dealership first and see if they do their own or send out; I'd think you'd
want someone who knew all about VW/Audi/Porsche and which glass
aftermarket maps to OEM. I believe seals and glass are different from
year to year and from marque to marque, as are the techniques (glue or no
glue, trim or not)... so it might help (and be cheaper for the labor) to
have someone who knows that particular car.

Just my $0.02...

Tess
in Bellevue, WA USA
German car owner and Italian car owner