[alfa] alfa] Concorso Italiano (world's best looking traffic jam!)

So I don't want to just complain, because once I calmed down and was in the
grandstand listening to Keith Martin I did quite enjoy myself.  The cars are
always amazing, and the enthusiasts are a joy to talk to.  This event has
been the highlight of my summer for years.  This year there were 3 other
Alfetta GTs exhibiting with me, a nice change from last year where mine was
the only one.  This is the largest gathering of Alfetta GTs I have ever
seen!!!

But I have to say that in the 5 years that I have attended I have never been
thirsty for blood as I was by the time I was ALLOWED on to the green.  I
arrived early (about 6:30-6:45, the same time I have arrived every year I
have attended) and was acosted by people who had NO idea of where I was
supposed to go and what THEY were supposed to be doing.  One of the more
official looking people was trying to convince me over and over again that I
wasn't an exhibitor and that I should be parking in the corral.   And we
were in the parking lot next to the green, having gone past numerous
checkpoints checking our exhibitor hang tag.  It only got worse from there.
While trying to figure out if I was supposed to have surrendered my hang tag
I met the current organizer for Concorso.  What a jerk he was!  So very rude
and disrespectful.  Perhaps next time I should drive a Ferrari.

I know that I am not the only Alfa driver to receive this treatment, there
were at least 4 others that arrived around the same time that were as (or
almost as) furious as I was.  And I finally convinced my wife to attend this
year, but she was so off put by our experience with the staff that she had a
hard time enjoying herself and definitely won't go back next year.

I did email this to them.  And I am done venting.  Sigh.

Steven Hooper
78 Alfetta GT
91 164S
Cupertino, CA