Re:[alfa] Re:Buying an Alfa on EBay - or elsewhere !

Graham Arlen wrote--
"I have considered, and ultimately turned down various cars advertised on EBay
because I always insist that the seller takes a (VHS) video of the car and
sends it to me first. "

That is exactly what I did in the sale of our '94 164LS back in 2001, to an Alfista and really fine fellow from Long Island NY (we still chat online). After having gone through the car, cleaning, detailing and generally sprucing it up, I made a late afternoon video just over 45 minutes long, IIRC, showcasing the entire car in the way Graham describes (gauges, engine sound and all). The buyer later told me that the VHS tape was one of the single biggest factors in his decision to buy the car (along with a checkout by a local independent garage).

Dave Jarman
Lexington, KY
USA