[alfa] re: AC leaking water inside the MIlano

Clogged condensation drains that leak on your feet are pretty common.

The first time I charged the aircon in my GTV-6, I expected this to occur, because there had been a substantial mouse nest in my HVAC box when I bought the car, which I removed, but didn't bother with the drains because I thought I'd never use repair the AC. After five air conditioned hours on the road, it had yet to leak on me, which I thought was interesting, but I wasn't going to complain. Upon reaching my destination, I turned left into a driveway faster than I should have and bottomed out the car. Which is when I saw a half gallon or so of water come out of the vents and flood the passenger footwell. Some of that water obviously got in the blower and was sprayed in my face. And thus I learned that there really is no avoiding cleaning the condensation drains in an old Alfa.

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6