RE: [alfa] Tire dilemma

> I personally feel a company / individual who is trying to do high
> quality work has the right, in this case, what he considers to be
> appropriate for the car. Perhaps it is arrogant on my part, but feel the
> companies /  individuals who "give the client what they want" end up
> regretting it. That was General Motors mantra for years.

Biba,

I admire your attitude, and attempt to keep things *pure*.

However, I'd beg to differ with one thing.  I think you have the right to
refuse to do something, but if a customer pays you to do some work, and you
accept that money, then you are obligated to do as he wishes.

So, refuse the payment to install new tires if it means so much to you, but
I don't think you should be accepting money for new tires and then putting
on something other than what he wishes.

Let me ask you a question.  A while back you were talking about tucking a 2
liter in place of a 1750, and some other 'tasteful' updates.  There are some
that would argue that plopping a 2 liter into a Duetto is no different than
installing whitewall tires.

What makes your idea of a tasteful modification any better than that of the
guy who actually owns the car?

I think you should do your best to provide good advice to your customers,
but in the end, I think they ultimately own the car and pay the bills, and
you are responsible to them, not the marque.

Sincerely,

bs