[alfa] Tire dilemma

Finished painting the client's straw colored '69 Spider at 2:30 a.m. this past Sunday. Client, wife, and two sons (from Ohio) arrived at 1:00 p.m. At least the paint was dry.

In prior emails with the client I suggested we install Yoko 195 - 65 / 14 AVID H4's. He countered with (forget the brand) but had narrow white sidewalls. I emailed back I felt the white sidewalls were more of a semi-vintage 'merican thing and didn't feel they would look "correct" on an Italian '69 Spider...but his choice.

Apparently he still likes the thought of white sidewalls on the straw colored car.

Opinions? If on the nay side, what excuse should I use now? No, the tires aren't expensive.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA