Re: [alfa] Date of Corsa Rossa Show?

Because the facility is no longer available, the Corsa Rossa fall event has
been canceled. However, the MAARC Alfa Extravaganza has been scheduled for
September 17-19 in Winston-Salem.

ALFA Extravaganza 2004

Thanks to our good friends in Corsa Rossa, John Hauser, Richard Hipwood, Thor
Marchandi, and others, this years' Alfa Extravaganza is shaping up to be one
of the best.

The dates are Friday September 17th through Sunday the 19th in Winston-Salem
and the surrounding countryside. Friday night will be a casual dinner on your
own or with other Alfisti.

Things get started Saturday morning at 10 am with a pleasant and exciting
drive through the back roads of northern NC around Hanging Rock State Park, and
ending up at Laurel Gray Vineyards in Hamptonville west of Winston-Salem. John
and company have worked hard to select the best scenic route in the area. The
crew have made several trial runs, so you know it is going to be good. There
will be several group lead cars to prevent anyone from getting lost.

At Laurel Gray, we have been invited to use their facilities for our picnic
and  concours, and to enjoy the Southern Hospitality of the Yadkin Valley. We
will, of course, sample their wines as well.

Laurel Gray is owned by Benny & Kim Myers. Their family came to the region
from London, England in 1773. The vineyard was a working farm. In fact, the
tasting room was originally a milking parlor.

According to John, the place is beautiful, with a farm pond, walking trail,
and seasonal flowers and roses as well as the vineyard itself.

After the picnic, wine tasting, and concours, we'll head back to
Winston-Salem for an Italian dinner and awards ceremony.

Sunday morning, those who do not have to travel a great distance home have
the option of enjoying a walking tour of Old Salem and the museum, all within
walking distance of the hotels.

There are several options for hotels in the area. The closest to Old Salem
are:

Brookstown Inn 800-845-4262
Wingate Inn 800-228-1000
The Hawthorne Inn 800-972-3774

It will help us greatly if you are planning to attend to notify Bruce Sharer
about how many there will be in your party so we can have sufficient picnic
materials, you know food. Try to let him know before Thursday, September 16th.

We hope to see you there in September.