[alfa] Israeli Alfisti

Greetings Alfisti,

I am in Tel Aviv for the month of August teaching for an American university and I am enjoying seeing all the Alfas that I can't see back home in Massachusetts. There are a surprising number of Alfas in Tel Aviv considering that new car owners must pay a 50% duty on newly imported cars. I see 147s every day and what a beautiful car it is. The 156 is also very popular here. I was surprised to see a V6 model consdering the high cost of gasoline. I also see the occasional 166 and older spider. There is a nicely kept red 90 in the neighborhood of my apartment on Dizengoff Street.

American Alfisti, when is the last time you saw a 146 or 146 (if ever)? Needless to say Alfa spotting is great sport here. The weather is too hot (32 C) but the people are warm and friendly. The Mediterranean is beautiful. I walk along the shore every morning.

Does anyone know if there is an Alfa club in Israel? If there are any Israeli Alfisti who are lurking on the digest, send me a message. I would like to know if there are any Alfa events in August that I might attend.

Shalom,
Dan Nicholes