[alfa] Fuel dump and brake insulators

First, thanks to all for the brake insulation tips!
I am going to try stainless first, then perhaps see if some of the available stock car Titanium shields can be chopped to fit. I have heard mica mentioned, and Carroll Smith talks about ceramic. Has anyone here ever cut Titanium sheet? Are there any "gotchas?"
Now with regard to the fuel dump issue, I can say with absolute certainty that US Navy carrier-based aircraft can dump fuel, if necessary to reduce weight to safe limits for landing on the carrier. The planes have a "max trap" weight, and much planning goes into being able to accomplish the mission with enough fuel to return to the ship, ideally without having to dump fuel. Given that we could burn well over 1700lbs of fuel A MINUTE in the Tomcat, dumping was usually not an issue.
-Al